Tofu: one of my fridge essentials. I. Love. It. It’s fresh and versatile, filling yet light. I love how any flavour you add to it gets immediately absorbed, enabling you to create delicious and healthy meals in minutes.
Today, I made one of my go-to easy recipes when I want a quick, healthy and flavourful meal (minus the pile of dishes and basket-full of ingredients).
This Teriyaki tofu is as simple as it sounds, but the result is crispy coated tofu with a moist centre. Having experimented with other brands, I always come back to Cauldron; their products are consistently good quality and 100% delicious. Oh and the rice is from the Tilda pre-cooked rice range, meaning even less clear up! I’ve tried a few different ranges of pre-cooked rice, but nothing beats Tilda. Their rice cooks perfectly, is never clumpy and is always infused with the perfect amount of flavour.
Spicy Teriyaki-Glazed Tofu with Tilda Coconut, Chilli and Lemongrass Rice
Simple, easy and delicious
- 1 1/2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 396g Cauldron Tofu (1 block)
- 2 tsp Tamari Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Sweet Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp white and black sesame seeds, mixed
- 1 pouch Tilda Coconut, Chilli and Lemongrass pre-cooked rice
- Open the tofu pack on one side and drain the water, before squeezing out the excess water from the tofu. Be gentle, you want to make sure the tofu doesn’t break!
- Slice the tofu in to 3cm cubes
- Heat a griddle pan and add the rapeseed oil
- When the oil is hot, add the tofu. Use tongs to turn the tofu to ensure even cooking on all sides on a medium-high heat without breaking. This should take about 15-18 minutes
- When brown and slightly crisp, add the Tamari Soy Sauce and the Teriyaki Sauce, and half of the chopped spring onions. Cook on a high heat for a further 2-3 minutes, until the tofu is glazed.
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions
- Turn the tofu down to a low heat to keep warm while the rice cooks
- Serve the rice and tofu, sprinkled with the the green chillies (if you want some spice!), the sesame seeds and the remaining spring onion.
- Enjoy hot!